Work With Us
Senior Administrative Assistant
- Canadian Agri-Food Automation and Intelligence Network (CAAIN) – Edmonton, AB
- Full-time, Temporary, Contract – Temporarily remote
- Senior Administrative Assistant (Operations Coordinator)
- Three-year term position
Canadian Agri-Food Automation and Intelligence Network (CAAIN) is seeking a senior administrative assistant (operations coordinator) to work collaboratively with the CAAIN team to develop, implement, maintain, and execute overall operations and administrative functions for CAAIN.
Are You Our Operations Coordinator?
You would be a good fit for this position if you:
- Find the prospect of working for a new company exciting and would enjoy contributing to the development of its internal operational and administrative practices.
- Are a self-starter who can work independently but also enjoys working collaboratively as part of a strong team.
CAAIN is a new company located in Edmonton, Alberta that brings together technology and agri-food companies to create innovative solutions to improve competitiveness, drive growth, and create jobs. We want to bring together technology and agri-food companies focused on creating and integrating automation and digital solutions in Canada’s agri-food sector. Agri-food developments in the areas of artificial intelligence, advanced sensor technologies, hyperspectral imaging, and blockchain applications for Canadian agri-food producers are examples of what drives us.
Intrigued? Here’s More Information About the Role
This position will support overall operations and administrative functions required for CAAIN. The successful incumbent will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Develops, organizes, continually improves, and coordinates systems, processes, and procedures for CAAIN
- Gathers information and develops required reports
- Maintains corporate records and documentation
- Sets up corporate service contracts as needed
- Assists with renewal of CAAIN corporate policies, Terms of Reference, Risk Management Plan and other documentation
- Assists or coordinates office organization and maintenance
- Provides administrative support to the CEO
- Supports the CEO, board, and committees with the coordination of travel, meetings, and event arrangements
- Takes meeting minutes and follows up on action items
- Manages office correspondence including greeting visitors, answering phone calls to the general office line, receives and disseminates incoming mail, and manages outgoing mail
- Completes required records management tasks including the retention, protection, retrieval, transfer and disposition of electronic and paper-based records
Qualifications and Skills We’re Looking For
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in an office management role
- Previous experience with records management
- Previous experience booking events and handling large meetings, including sending electronic invitations, tracking responses, ordering special meals, arranging for AV equipment
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Able to work well with a diverse group of individuals
- Able to efficiently manage multiple competing priorities
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- High attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of administrative functions
- Exceptional verbal, written, listening and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Comfortable using systems and technical applications with a high level of competency utilizing the Microsoft Office suite of applications, video and teleconferencing
CAAIN offers the opportunity for the right individual to get in on the ground floor and shape the future of a brand new not for profit corporation. CAAIN is focused on growing and expanding a network of companies, academic and research organizations that are eager to explore how new and emerging technologies can be applied to enhance agri-food productivity and return premiums to those who participate. The implementation of CAAIN’s data and intellectual property management strategies will be key to its success.
We offer our employees opportunities to work on projects that will expand their skill sets while witnessing the visible impacts of their efforts. We value the development of our employees and create opportunities that allow new skills to be learned.
The final candidate will be required to undergo a security clearance. This competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
CAAIN is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.