Term Position Ending March 31, 2026
Canadian Agri-Food Automation and Intelligence Network (CAAIN) is seeking an operations coordinator to work collaboratively with the CAAIN team to develop, implement, maintain, and execute overall operations and administrative functions for CAAIN.
Are you our Operations Coordinator? You would be a good fit for this position if you…
- … Find the prospect of working for a new company exciting and would enjoy contributing to the development of its internal operational and administrative practices.
- … Are a self-starter who can work independently but also enjoys working collaboratively as part of a strong team.
Located in Edmonton, Alberta, CAAIN is a not-for-profit company launched in July 2019 with funding of $49.5‑million from Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada’s Strategic Innovation Fund. Our mandate is to drive innovation and productivity by connecting and investing in Canada’s agri-food and technology sectors, with a focus on:
- Automation and robotics;
- Data-driven decision-making; and,
- Smart farms.
For more details, visit us online at https://caain.ca/
Intrigued? Here’s More Information About the Role
This position will support overall operations and administrative functions required for CAAIN. The successful incumbent will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Develops, organizes, continually improves, and coordinates systems, processes, and procedures for CAAIN
- Gathers information and develops required reports
- Maintains corporate records and documentation
- Sets up corporate service contracts as needed
- Assists with renewal of CAAIN corporate policies, Terms of Reference, Risk Management Plan and other documentation
- Assists or coordinates office organization and maintenance
- Provides administrative support to the CEO
- Supports the CEO, board, and committees with the coordination of travel, meetings, and event arrangements
- Enters and records financial transactions
- Takes meeting minutes and follows up on action items
- Manages office correspondence including greeting visitors, answering phone calls to the general office line, receives and disseminates incoming mail, and manages outgoing mail
- Completes required records management tasks including the retention, protection, retrieval, transfer and disposition of electronic and paper-based records
Qualifications and Skills We Are Seeking
- Minimum of 5 years’ progressively responsible experience in an office management role
- Previous experience with records management
- Previous experience booking events and handling large meetings, including sending electronic invitations, tracking responses, ordering special meals, arranging for AV equipment
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Able to work well with a diverse group of individuals
- Able to efficiently manage multiple competing priorities
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Experience in accounting and finance
- High attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of administrative functions
- Exceptional verbal, written, listening and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and self motivated
- Comfortable using systems and technical applications with a high level of competency utilizing the Microsoft Office suite of applications, video and teleconferencing
The final candidate will be required to undergo a security clearance. This competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.